The Habitat for Health (H4H) Adaptive Housing project recommends building dome homes with steel-reinforced struts and a range of accessories designed to accommodate special needs of people whose lives have been disrupted by ecological climate induced disasters and economic conflict disasters like Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) due to exposure to pollutants that have accumulated exponentially since the industrial revolution and resulted in the serious consequences that all life is currently facing.
The power of the individual to shape the course of history may be one of the most underdeveloped of all natural resources. It is only by the agreement of individuals that the complex relations between Nature, government, business, and people can produce benefits of a developed, multicultural society.
[Working Toward Sustainable Development, Brian Hack, 1998.]
Today Brian Hack is an individual of the lowest common denominator, to offer to shape the course of clear and present solutions to economic survival and climate change aka: (eco-eco relations) from the bottom up and diametrically opposite targets with respective ways and means to similar outcomes for existential survival from the top down historical global economic activities recently released in "Latest UN report on Climate Change." 
GFC Co-Owner - Entrepreneurial Skills (Skills needed to operate the business)
1. Basic Finance Skills - 2023 Pro-Forma Estimates, responsive bookkeeping, financing cash flow, time-banking and barter.
2. Networking - from a library or home with a disability using and testing new and emerging technology, workshops and local events.
3. Speaking Confidently - on topics of climate change, ecology, economics, critical thinking about MCS, and Permaculture Author: Bill Mollison, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Mollison
4. Accepting and Acting on Feedback - Overall, the main outcome I'm hoping for is that the money that's currently budgeted and used to pay for seniors' living expenses while they wait for or look for appropriate housing will be used to pay for the costs of actually building or restoring the conditions that will allow people with MCS to live more affordably, in locations where they can manage the illness independently, and live with purposeful peace rather than worry and fear.
5. Recognizing Patterns - My research of relevant ecological and economical relations so far has led me to discover ways to better understand and accommodate persons with MCS from my personal experience. Findings and suggestions are constantly changing and posted at https://habitatforhealth.ca
GFC Program - Entrepreneurial Traits (Entrepreneurial traits needed to be successful and motivated)
Building ecological and fiscal structures with the ability to scale up, work in groups, and/or Repair, Rebuild, and Rebound from the impacts of climate change or other natural disasters is the goal.
Basically, it is intended to build special needs homes and stronger, more climatically resilient structures, putting ecological outcomes before nonspecific economic concerns based experience, and documented proof of global bureaucratic cultures that are used to obstruct survival (sic. "Latest UN report on Climate Change.")
Q3. GFC Co-Owner Program - Technical Skills (Skills needed to understand the industry)
The Habitat for Health focus is to research, design, construct, publish, and invest in the most affordable solutions for issues and opportunities in the areas of Agriculture, Employment, Housing, and Transportation for persons with MCS and like-minded people.
The GAIA Fan Club is designed to manage beneficiaries of projects motivated by common interests and diverse skill sets each using their time and TimeBanks to work for, work with, or join the GAIA Fan Club.
Basic cutting, assembly, fastening and finishing tools are already personally or community owned and may also be acquired via donations, advertising or product placements.
Q4. GFC Co-Owner - Skills Gaps (Skills and knowledge gaps and strategy to overcome)
What our suppliers, journey-persons, apprentices and other GFC members are unable or unwilling to supply, we hire freelance specialists.
- there is more discussion than action,
- valuable time is spent on distractions rather than solutions,
- data that clearly defines billion dollar storm repairs and economic consequences,
- indicators of Extinction Level Events are either repressed or distorted rather than promoting remedies based on fact and by eliminating fiction.
Costs of a New House Build in BC, for instance in Nanaimo and Victoria, is roughly $275–350 per square foot.
- the H4H baseline home suggested is 1,000 square feet of living space including year round indoor vegetable garden and internet research-based material source selection,
- strongest structure known to man, uses the least amount of material to cover the most amount of space, engineered as a permanent structure, and engineering is available if permitting is required.
- can be dropped shipped to most locations on the planet, assembled, and first crop seeds planted in less than a month after completion.
- investment reduction potential in the areas of agriculture, employment, housing, and transportation.
Habitat for Health GAIA Fan Club is positioned to use Brian Hack's MCS and life experiences to significantly affect the impact of cost reduction, health management, and safer buildings for today and the foreseeable future.
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Diagnosis and founder's treatment guidelines.
The State of MCS 30 Years Later... - 25% of U.S Population Susceptible to Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, Dr. Bernhoft Says
Alergy and MCS Distinguished Ashford, N. A. and Miller, C. S. 1991. Alergy and MCS Distinguished. (Thesis excerpted from Ashford, M. A. and Miller, C. S. 1991. Chemical Exposures: Low Levels and High Stakes. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold.)
Working Toward Sustainable Development Hack, Brian, 1998. Working Toward Sustainable Development. University of Waterloo, Environmental Studies.
Reducing Our Toxic Burden McGinn, Anne Platt, 2002. Reducing Our Toxic Burden. State of the World 2002, WorldWatch Institute.
Task Force on Environmental Health Report Time for Leadership: Recognizing and Improving Care for those with ME/CFS, FM and ES/MCS.
Hi, I'm Brian Hack, founder of Habitat for Health.
My story is about unusual experiences, strength and perseverance I never knew I had. It began in the prime of my life when I had to adapt to a disabling workplace injury.
While recovering, I attended the University of Waterloo via distance education. During that time I developed the concept of Habitat for Health.
The top challenges I continue to overcome all relate to setting boundaries. I lost everything, health, job, future, and fortune.
I had to recycle what skills I could still use and learn new ones to accommodate my special needs. New boundaries that my family, friends, and colleagues could understand were awkward.
The most difficult boundary for me is to avoid exposure to chemicals. My respiratory system remains compromised to this day. I've been social distancing for 30 years so you can imagine how I must feel having to increase my vigilance with respect for COVID -19.
Since I can't undo the damage done to me (MCS), I continue to spend what time I can to prevent chemical injury. I designed Habitat for Health as a gateway to share information I've found so far. It's my way to help people make healthier choices.
If you find something helpful on our site please...
JOIN the Club
Habitat for Health c/o
PO BOX 35119 RPO HILLSIDE
VICTORIA BC V8T 5G2
Help us promote the maximum benefit to all concerned for less than $1 a day.
Habitat for Health designs, constructs, supports and promotes Ecological and Economical (Eco-Eco) relations.
- Ecological relations between consumers, producers and their environments include cradle to grave views. Human economic relations between customer, seller and manufacturer in business do not. Instead, economic costs of extraction and disposal get bundled in the price or just plain ignored.
- Human Economic objectives differ in many ways from Nature's Ecological ones. Still, together they have many benefits that can support each others' reasons to be.
- The costs of non-renewable or slow to replace natural resources is clear. So too is the increase in time to recycle durable kinds of waste.
- H4H recognizes many kinds of Eco-Eco independence and interdependence. The content we publish help bridge identified gaps between competing ideologies.
- By communicating environmental, consumer, and business positions, participants get a voice for change.
- HabitatforHealth.ca is a method for sustainable change in the use and care of Gaia's resources.
Subscribe to GAIA First Fan Club and get access to:
- unlock protected content on the blog,
- comment on blog posts,
- GAIA Fan Club information and
- invitation to upcoming investment projects
- Start from scratch Barter, TimeBank & Lifestyle projects are a private Pay It Forward initiative for GFC Members, the public good, focusing on quality of life for both the planet and humans.
- Investments with Ecological & Economical Eco Village benefits for all concerned.
Membership to the GAIA Fan Club is paid. Members get access to Habitat for Health resources, project tasks and investments. Members earn credits by volunteering for skilled, unskilled and barter work. Credits are deposited, redeemed in many ways using our TimeBank (like Bit Coin) and community Investments like dome homes and Eco-Eco farms or villages.
GAIA benefits first from:
- Reduction in demand for more resource extraction and waste storage from increases in 3R member initiatives.
- A percentage of subscription revenue is paid forward to fund projects and loans that GAIA benefits from 1st.
- The increase in stewardship arising from projects compounds the GAIA First effect on resource 3Rs (see GFC Executive Summary).
- The residual endurance of GAIA Fan Club projects has the potential to recover or reuse resources at a rate greater than human demand.
Bears are coming out of the woods. Regardless of the trapping boycott in North Bay, Ontario or close encounters in my backyard near Mount Douglas, Victoria B.C.- bear facts are understated.
The extent of property damage is increasing every year. The increase in damage also indicates that the bears are becoming less cautious of people and more dependent on garbage as a food source. While garbage may be easy pickings for the bears, it is not their natural diet.
After dragging the nicely packaged picnic lunch into the forest, the contents are carefully sorted, goodies devoured, and the plastic containers, toxic chemicals, and other man-made non-recyclables, are left somewhere on the forest floor for mother nature to clean up.
Waste is allegedly controlled in specific sites like ‘the dump’. However, while the bears’ bin diving increases, so does improper disposal of waste, environmental stresses, property damage, and threat to human health and safety.
Some people argue that the human diet is not suitable for humans. This in part explains why vitamins and other supplements are encouraged. So what is the impact of human ‘food’ on the gourmet bear?
Chemical imbalances are known to cause schizophrenia in humans and at least one such person was recently shot and killed by police on a streetcar in Toronto. While humans continue to kill themselves for any number of likely or unlikely social reasons, they also argue about whether or not alleged funding by the Ministry of Natural Resources for bear-proof garbage containers will actually solve the problem.
Meanwhile, with local, Provincial, and Federal government assistance, the bears extend their territory and authority. The diet, now changed to include free chemical supplements known to make some humans behave strangely, is provided as a free lunch by taxpayers without threat of penalty and no license is required.
Trap-shy, protected at all levels of government, easy access to neatly packaged take-out food, supplemented with hormones, preservatives, and other chemicals, the bear can now officially be added to the state run welfare program.
In the last campaign, the present government promised to weed out unqualified welfare recipients entrenched in the system and in a cycle of dependency. It would appear that at least some proceeds of cutbacks to human social programs are going to the bears.
As the bear authority grows, the local ratepayers can expect both tax and insurance increase to help fund the debate on how to protect the bears, change their diet, and behaviour. While the argument continues, the bears really do appreciate neatly packaged take-out picnic lunches, cleverly hidden away in sheds or homes to make the treasure hunt and property damage much more exciting.
Unanswered questions remain, like who will volunteer to take responsibility for the upcoming injuries that may arise from or upon an unhappy bear on welfare?
Bear or Bear Down on Bare Facts?
The indicators are clear:
- improper waste disposal,
- environmental stress,
- property damage,
- threats to human and wild life health and safety.
These indicators also point to much larger underlying conditions associated with climate change. Outcomes can quickly become literally do or die scenarios.
For example, climate change is wreaking havoc as frequency and scale of storm damage increases. It renders governments unable or unwilling to act in responsible ways.
It's obvious persons unwilling to help are not part of the solution. Instead, they end up as yet another burden on Governments who do act, but are limited by dwindling resources. Catch-22 mismanagement associated with the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) have become a tragic do or die reality as well.
Fortunately, government at all levels, it's representatives, and employees that continue to do what they can with what they have, must be supported in every way possible. Drastic corrective action must be taken to avoid apparent do or die choices. The age of Catch-22 mismanagement must end .
Habitat for Health is built to ease the gap between where government resources dwindle and where human NGO resources can be assembled to increase natural resource management, recovery, and potential for GAIA's carrying capacity.
How much is sustainable development worth today?
Join Our GAIA Fan Club. Learn more and you too can become part of the solution.
Habitat for Health c/o
PO BOX 35119 RPO HILLSIDE
VICTORIA BC V8T 5G2
Habitat for Health is a Web based research, publishing and consulting company. It was formed to report on economical impacts of human growth on Ecological management and conservation of resources. Membership is built to separate our tax free time, TimeBank and pay-it-forward Investment lifestyle.
Since the industrial revolution, humans began to withdraw more from the bank of natural resources than what got replaced. Renewable natural resources are sustainable only when they are replaced at a rate greater than or equal to the rate they are consumed. When GAIA's Ecological and human economical systems both fail, by-pass action is needed.
Habitat for Health is in a good position to develop bottom-up solutions to mitigate and recover from ecological problems that top-down economic solutions cannot effectively avoid or address. Start right now with the GAIA Fan Club if you have talents or wish to learn some.
People who choose to become GFC Members learn more about how to become part of our bottom up solutions. When you volunteer your time to pay it forward you get:
- recognized with time credits for time you volunteer which is deposited into your GFC TimeBank & Investment accounts,
- to choose to learn new skills by helping other members produce and prepare products for GFC supply chains or,
- alternatives to produce more of what you do by teaching others to increase your market share and pay them with time credits,
- if you choose to build a shelter, or have someone else help you build shelters, you can live in and/or rent them out.
Once the home and village project prototype is approved, situated and assembled here are some expected outcomes:
- actual costs will be known so expansion can be budgeted and scheduled
- forecast demographics can be planned and GFC members begin training
- GFC EcoVillage crops are planted and market garden surpluses assessed
- as individual skills begin to mature, the GFC Eco-Eco work force grows
- ecological buffer zones increase as city migrants become Eco stewards
- as a natural orderly migration is shown to be a viable economic option
- bottom up solutions for independent supply chains for the GFC by the GFC
- GFC supply chains can act as a backup to triage natural disasters,
- Permaculture design for enhanced eco-eco banking and investment relations
As project mature, here are some expected outcomes:
GFC projects are focused on individual and community unique needs, challenges and opportunities. For example, H4H designs and supervises or installs off-grid development and replacement for backup technology supplying
- more affordable housing,
- clean drinking water,
- reliable Internet service,
- backup or off-grid power,
- geothermal heating and cooling,
- indoor plants that clean air
all which can make a big difference in the quality of life of rural Canadians.
The GFC values time more than money. If money is taxable and time isn't, here's how you pay less tax via GFC.
- GFC Members volunteer skilled or unskilled time, to work on projects, to earn time credits for deposit (pay-it-forward), into the TimeBank where Members invest or donate credits;
- Members can barter, buy or sell credits with other Members tax free;
- GFC Members can also invest credits in housing, agriculture and transportation projects;
- Members can also redeem credits for cash with appropriate deductions including tax where applicable.
Are you looking for a place to rent, lease and/or co-own? Habitat for Health offers help to build or develop economic Network States to support ecological repair or stewardship of co-owned property.
Eco-eco benefits include land where suburban areas end and rural lands begin. Such sub-rural locations offers opportunity to abate encroachment, learn, and practice Permaculture to open new food supply chains, emergency shelters, vacation rentals, and where visitors can pursue their interests, like traveling, writing, research, volunteering or other relevant activities.
Products and services you can produce for sale within a GAIA Fan Club Eco-Eco Village/Network State can be bartered or paid for with TimeBank credits. Members can pitch their Eco-Eco projects to Habitat for Health for assistance.
In Greek mythology, Gaia, also spelled Gaea, is the personification of the Earth and one of the Greek primordial deities. Gaia is the ancestral mother—sometimes parthenogenic—of all life. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia
A fan club is an organized group of fans, generally of a celebrity like in this case the goddess GAIA.
In economics, a time-based currency is an alternative currency or exchange system where the unit of account is the person-hour or some other time unit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time-based_currency
An ecovillage is an intentional, traditional or urban community that is consciously designed through locally owned participatory processes in all four dimensions of sustainability (social, culture, ecology and economy) to regenerate social and natural environments. https://ecovillage.org/
Local neighbourhood and special interest communities have historically settled with like minded persons, formed or supported government and civil services to help each other to live long and prosper with one exception.
Who will fix deception, incompetence, and greed when everyone must face direct or indirect damage recovery from more frequent and severe storms, supply chain disruption, rationing, inflation and disease related deaths, sufferings and economic uncertainties?
For example, in the event of total loss of property, no job, savings, or other forms of income or support, Habitat for Health is positioned to:
- build, repair, or replace personal shelters
- backup food supply chain capability with indoor, outdoor & 4 season gardens
- increase supply of shelter, food, & work via GFC TimeBank EcoVillage networks
- adapt and protect, ecological assets with local Permaculture design
- adapt economical systems with cash exchange alternatives like GFC TimeBanks, Bitcoin, BarterPay, and Pay-it-Forward features.
All levels of government world wide know or should know by now about evolving trends of Eco-Eco conditions for decades, some first hand. The recent 'talks' on climate change have produced more of the same obfuscation with one exception - they are now calling for "bottom up" help. Here are some reasons why the bottom line for personal recovery is last in line.
- Government is slowest to respond due to economies of scale that is focused on city road access, power grid, emergency services, water supply, etc.
- Diligent insurers appear to be 2nd slowest because of similar priorities like helping policy holders access as many 3rd party community services before assessing property claims.
- Once you're on your own it is time to connect with Habitat for Health to fill the gap with GAIA Fan Club Resources. Alternatively you can always start now and build your own vacation home or retirement investment.
- A pay-it-forward business model and GFC dues are the foundations of first level finance.
- GFC membership dues begin at a non-refundable $30 monthly fee.
- Pay-It-Forward time donations are tracked by GFC Members in their TimeBank accounts.
- Value of logged Pay-It-Forward time is calculated using the contract task adjustment to current market rates for the related skill level plus the minimum salary.
- Advertising, barter payments, classified ads, secondary surplus, and other demand projections are examples of other sources of revenue.
The GFC TimeBank surplus is utilised to help finance the next in line development projects for successive GAIA Fan Club chapters after secondary running costs such as salaries, R&D equipment and material are accounted for.
Climate change is happening now, has happened in the past, and will continue to happen into the foreseeable future. Climate change may be utilized as a natural barometer to foretell future events based on past occurrences and recommend what might be done to prepare and respond.
We now understand how climate change may impact natural ecological systems as well as human economic systems. The ways in which human companies must now change merely to operate in new unpredictable circumstances are what is becoming increasingly obvious.
The ecological and economic patterns that have contributed to the historical problems the human race is now confronting are taken into account in Habitat for Health. The creator, Brian Hack, contributes more than 30 years of expertise adjusting for his own particular requirements to his experiences with MCS and ecological economics, which makes a difference.
A property having a split type of ownership or usage rights is referred to as a timeshare (also known as vacation ownership). These assets are often condominium apartments in resorts, where numerous parties have rights to use the space and each owner has a certain amount of time to utilize it. Units may be offered for sale as a lease, a partial ownership interest, or a "right to use"; the last of these has no legal claim to the real estate. Timeshare programs ownership is diverse and has evolved over many years.
In order to meet the growing need for housing, food, transit, and jobs, the Habitat for Health version integrates ecological and economic principles.